- Guidance for Student ID Card Issuance 2022.08.03
Common University Service Center
Guidance for Student ID Card Issuance
1. The student ID card is a multi-purpose identification card for Yonsei University
students. It is issued in collaboration with Woori Bank. It gives you access to university
facilities such as libraries, sports facilities, computer rooms, etc. It also allows you to
show your attendance for classes electronically. It can be used as a check card to pay
at stationery stores, bookstores, and restaurants after opening a bank account at a
campus Woori bank. Discounted prices may be available at some stores on and off the
campus if you show the card when purchasing. It can also be utilized as a prepaid public
transportation card in Korea after the cash charge in the campus ATMs. Please be
aware that you can not get a refund for the amount left charged to your electronic
currency if your ID card is lost or stolen.
2. Eligibility: Newly enrolled Foreign/Overseas Korean students for the 2022 Fall Semester who consent to a personal information collection, utilization, and processing entrustment to a trustee
3. Application Period
Aug. 16 (Tues), 2022 at 10 am ~
Please refer to updated information at
4. How to find your student number
For Undergraduate students, please visit Yonsei Portal Service (YPS) Website at
Click on the Undergraduate Course Enrollment menu -> Type in the examinee’s number and D.O.B. in YYMMDD in order to search for the student ID No.
For Graduate students, please visit the concerned Graduate School website or consult with the relevant admissions officer at your Graduate School.
5. How to Apply
Visit Yonsei Portal Service (https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/indexe.jsp) → Log in with
your student ID number and PW (initial PW: D.O.B. in YYMMDD order) → Academic
Information System → Issue Student ID → Apply for an ID card → Agree with personal
info. collection, utilization, and processing entrustment to a trustee → Check
applicant’s information → 신청(Apply)
※ A photo file should be in a JPG format with no more than 200KB.
6. ID Pick-Up Period and Location
※ For applicant(Aug 16 ~ Aug 30): You can pick up your Student ID card at Woori Bank from Sept. 1. For applicant (Aug 31~): after 1 week from the date of application. Please take a passport or alien registration card when visiting Woori Bank.
7. Student ID Card with Check Card Function
If you want to use your Yonsei student ID card for cash deposit/withdrawal in ATMs,
please take your alien registration card and a certificate of attendance to open
a bank account to Woori bank on the campus. Please be advised that a certificate of
attendance is available free of charge on the Online Transcripts & Certificates menu at
Yonsei Portal Service or the University Service Center with payment from March 1.
A foreign registration card may take a maximum of one month to receive from Korea
Immigration Service. If you are under processing to issue an alien registration, you
must wait to receive the card.
8. Student ID Card Reissuance
Visit Yonsei Portal Service (https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/indexe.jsp) -> Log in with
your student ID number and PW -> Academic Information System -> Issue Student ID
-> Press Lost/Damaged/Expired Card Mgmt. button -> Lost/Damaged/Expired Card ->
Registration -> Register -> ID Card Mgmt. -> Apply for an ID card -> Follow the
application steps as above. It usually takes one week to obtain the card at the campus
bank without charge.
- How to Report a Lost/damaged ID Card: Register at Yonsei Portal Service to prevent the
lost/damaged ID card from being used again. Call the Woori bank customer service center immediately at 1588-9955 to stop its use if it is connected with your Woori Bank Account.
9. Cancellation of Lost/Damaged/Expired ID Card Report
Yonsei Portal Service -> Log in -> Academic Information System -> Issue Student ID ->
Present Condition and Cancellation of the Lost/Damaged/Expired Card -> Report
10. Office Hours: Mon-Fri, 9 am - 5:20 pm
• University Service Center on Student ID Card: +82-2-2123-3200 (from overseas), 2123-3200 (in Seoul)
• Immigration Contact Center on Alien Registration Card: +82-1345 or +82-2-6908-1345 (from overseas), 1345 (in Seoul)
• Banking Service for international students at Woori Bank: +82-2-1599-2288 (from overseas), 02-1599-2288 (in Seoul)
. • Student ID Distribution at Sinchon Campus: Woori Bank: +82-2-313-3198 Ext. 313 or 321 (from overseas), 02-313-3198 Ext. 313 or 321 (in Seoul)
.• Student ID Distribution at Songdo Campus: Woori Bank: +82-32-822-6321 (from overseas), 032-822-6321 (in Seoul)
• Student ID Distribution at Wonju Campus: Woori Bank: +82-33-760-5159 (from overseas), 033-760-5159 (in Seoul)
UNIVERSITY SERVICE CENTER