Yonsei University Mirae Campus was the first to encourage continuous innovation in education by successfully introducing the Residential College (RC) system, and Wonju Severance Christian Hospital has greatly contributed to the health promotion of the local community. The university has strengthened its research competitiveness in specialized fields, created a customized model for region-based university and industry cooperation, and played a leading role in the local and international volunteer work. It has also taken place as a “university that serves its community and changes the world” through the construction of a nature-friendly eco-campus with a healthy university culture.
The expansion of new technology that is leading the Fourth Industrial Revolution, such as artificial intelligence and big data, demands a change in the paradigm of university education and many schools are currently transforming their curriculum of standardized knowledge conveyance into a creative problem-solving model.
Our university is also investing continuous effort in educational innovation that will help overcome the expected crisis by actively responding to this historical change and adopting new education techniques and curriculums.
The eagle of Mirae Campus has flown high and ceaselessly led the growth of the university for the past 40 years. Now is the time to catch its breath and soar again towards the right coordinates of innovation after a molting period to prepare for stronger flight. Rearmed with sturdy wings formed through innovation, the Yonsei eagle will now boldly break through any crisis or obstacle and fly even higher. I hope you will support us through your active participation and deep interest.
Myung Joong Kwon
The 19th Vice President of Yonsei University Kwon Myung Joong
- 1979.3 ~ 1986.2Yonsei University (B.A. in Communication)
- 1987.9 ~ 1988.8State University of New York at Albany (M.A. in Sociology)
- 1988.9 ~ 1993.2University of Minnesota (Ph.D. in Mass Communication)
- 1995 - PresentProfessor, Department of Economics, College of Government & Business, Yonsei University Mirae Campus
- 2020 – Present19th Yonsei University Mirae Campus Vice President
- 2016 - 2018Dean, College of Government and Business & Graduate School of Government and Business
- 2016 - 2016Exchange Professor, Graduate School of Economics, Kobe University
- 2010 - 2011Special Advisor for Education, Gangwon-do
- 2006 - 2008Policy Consultant, Ministry of Trade, Industry and Energy & Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- 2006 - 2008Director, Office of Planning and Public Relations, Yonsei University Mirae Campus
- 2004 - 2005Director, Industry-Academic Cooperation Foundation & Office of Research Affairs
- 2000 - 2001Exchange Professor, Oxford St. Cross College (UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office Chevening Scholar)
- 1992 - 1995Associate Professor (Research Professor), Warwick University
- 「The Diffusion of Multiple Process Technologies」 (Economic Journal)
- 「Technology Adoption and Firm Profitability」 (Economic Journal)
- 「Gross Investment and Technological Change」 (Cambridge University Press)
- 「Ethical Management of Merchant Sangok Lim」 (Georeum), winner of the 14th Free Economic Publishing Culture Award
- 「Business and Economy of Technical Innovation」 (Sinron), selected as an Outstanding Academic Book in the Field of Social Sciences by the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism
- 「Asking the Way to the Economic Bible」 (21 Century Books)
- 「The New Industrial Organization Theory: Businesses and Competition」 (Sigma Press)
- 「Economy and Business Meets the Age of Science and Technology」 (Yonsei University Press)
- 「Economy of Technical Innovation – Cases and Application of the 4th Industrial Revolution」 (Namu Media)