Auxiliary Educational Facilities
International Education Center
Yonsei Plaza Rm303
033-760-5089International Education Center 홈페이지 바로 가기
The International Education Center runs conversation classes (Japanese, Korean) and TOEIC Preparatory courses. Each course is composed of 4 semesters (Summer, Fall Sessions are around 12weeks and Summer, Winter sessions are around 4 weeks.
Each course aims to improve students’ speaking skills.
Student capacity for Japanese conversation classes is 15 and JLPT prep courses are open every semester at different levels.
All conversation classes hold final examinations to see progress and to be promoted to the next level.
TOEF L Camps are intensive courses run during breaks to assist beginning students to improve their English skills. The course is run for 4 weeks everyday from 9AM to 4PM. The writing section is taught by a native instructor.
TOEIC Prep courses
Intensive course for students to improve their skills in a short period of time and is taught by a Korean instructor.
With a student cap of 12, the Korean classes aim to help foreign residents in the community to improve their Korean.
Global Village program is an immersion program for students to live with exchange students from English speaking countries, China and Japan in dormitories and improve their linguistic skills through mutual language exchange. The program also enables students to have a first-hand contact with foreigners to learn about each other’s cultures and customs.
- Spring Semester : End of February ~ mid June (Registrations Open in October)
- Winter Semester : End of August ~ mid December (Registrations Open in April)
- Yonsei University Undergraduate students and exchange students from English Speaking countries
- English GV : 1,480,000Won (Maeji 3rd Dormitory, dormitory fee included)
- Japanese, Chinese GV : 500,000Won (Dormitory fee not included)
- Outside of class, real-life language Acquisition
- 1:1 Mentor Sessions
- Formation of intercultural network through Exchange Study
- 1Credit accredited to English GV participants
- Participation in activities and events
- Exchange student participant : Korean Conversational skills, Korean reading and writing, Korean cultural immersion
- Yonsei student participant : Global culture seminar(1Credit)
- Global Village Activities
- MMS(1:1 Languag Intensive)
- Team Meetings(3Hrs/Week)
- Team Projects
- 100% Dorm Residency
- Contact Info : 033-760-0808
- Homepage : http://global.yonsei.ac.kr
Students can apply to Exchange Programs(623 institutions in 60 countries as of Oct,2011) for 1~2semesters and transfer credits from the institution abroad. Students participating in exchange programs will pay Yonsei University tuition and attend the institution abroad. Wonju campus students can apply to both Sinchon and Wonju Exchange programs.Please refer to International Education Center homepage and Office of International Affairs homepage for further information on application period and Program list.
Information sessions are held once every semester in Sinchon and Wonju (Please refer to announcements online)
You can transfer credits from the institution abroad and experience cultural/linguistic immersion at low cost.
- GPA : 3.0/4.3 or higher.
- Linguistic Capability : iBT TOEF L score of 79 for students in the field of humanities and social sciences, iBT TOEF L score of 68 for students in the field of Arts and Natural Sciences
- If the exchange semester is the second semester in their fourth year (8th semester), all students must return to home campus and attend an additional semester for all Wonju Programs.
- The last semester to apply for exchange programs is the first semester in their fourth year (7th semester) for all Sinchon Programs
- Students in leave of absence are eligible to apply, but must return to school before program approval
- Undergraduate Program : 1~2 Semesters (Maximum 2Semesters, depending on program policies)
- Graduate Program : 1Semester
- Wonju : GPA 30% + TOEFL 30% + Interview 40% = 100%)
- Sinchon : (GPA Percentile)*2 + (TOEFL score) + Interview 100 = Total 420
- Wonju Program : International Education Center (3F Yonsei Plaza 033-760-0808/0917)
- Sinchon Program : Office of International Affairs (1F Global Lounge / 02-2123-4703)
Wonju Campus Only Programs
Exchange Programs are run separately from sinchon campus. Requirements to apply are similar to the requirements of Sinchon campus and are listed on the announcement page of International Education Center. (Programs -> Exchange Programs II) Wonju Campus students are able to apply for the second semester of senior year. However, these students are eligible to apply for one semester only and must attend Yonsei for an additional semester.The number of Exchange students vary every semester.
- Campus Location : International Education Center(3F Yonsei Plaza )
- Contact Info : 033-760-0808
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Visiting Student Programs
- The same application policies, procedures, agenda and requirements of Exchange Programs apply.
- Students participating in Visiting Student Programs pay both institutions and is refunded 80% of home institution tuition.
- Office of International Affairs (Sinchon) http://www.yonsei.ac.kr/contents/sinchon/ipnotice.html
- International Education Center (Wonju) http://yiec.yonsei.ac.kr/
- Wonju study abroad information exchange café http://cafe.daum.net/yswexchange