▣ Majors and Minors
■ Double Majors
● Eligibility and Application Period
- Students can apply for a double major from the time they are promoted to the first major department until one semester prior to the graduation semester.
- Students wishing to pursue a double major apply for the double major through Yonsei Portal Service during the designated period.
- Each department can select more than half of the applicants for double majors or 30% of the admission quota for each department, whichever is less.
● Minimum major credit requirements
- Double majors are required to complete 36 credits or more of major courses for both majors including required courses.
- Major course loads may differ depending on the department, and some departments may ask to take additional courses from the general education courses.
● Students enrolled in double majors must meet the degree requirement for both major programs, including general education requirements.
● Canceling double major
- Students who wish to withdraw from taking a double major must submit an application for cancellation of a double major to the Academic Support Team of the Office of Academic Affairs until one semester prior to the graduation semester.
- The minimum major credits required to acquire the minor qualification must be 21 credits or more. Credit requirements for minor may vary depending on the major/department.
- Students who have met all the minor requirements must apply for a minor qualification when applying for graduation.
■ Change of Major
● Applicant’s qualification
- Students can apply for a change of affiliation from the time they have completed the third semester or more until the second semester of the third year. Students who have completed more than 6 semesters cannot apply for a change of affiliation.
- Students admitted to the College of Music, Physical Education Department or Sports Industry Studies Department cannot apply for a change of affiliation.
● Quota for change of major
- The quota for which a change of affiliation is permitted shall be less than 110% of the admission quota for each department or major. But change of affiliation to the Department of Education is permitted only within the admission quota.