International House (Gukje Haksa)Introduction
The International House (GukjeHaksa), one of the on-campus housing for international student at Yonsei University,can accommodate up to 232 students in double rooms with separate floors by gender. The House is available for international students, on a priority, of exchange/visiting program, Yonsei undergraduate and graduate students, and KLI students. The primary language in the House is English.Application Eligibility
All applicants must enroll for and earn a minimum of six (6) credit hours per semester, except summer and winter vacations. KLI students need to enroll for 10 weeks’ regular program. All students need to submit all required information correctly for online housing application by the application deadline.Assignment Priority
Application acceptance is made based on the following sequence, with first-come-first served basis.
- International undergraduate students, including exchange students on a priority according to the order of application with confirming if the student registered for the program.
- International graduate students, including exchange students on a priority according to the order of application with confirming if the student registered for the program.
- If rooms are available after completion of room assignment for international students, domestic undergraduate students and domestic graduate students can get a room according to the order of application with confirming if the student registered for the program.
- Applicants need to sign up for the housing website (http://ih.yonsei.ac.kr) first, and apply on-line after log-in during the designated application period by program and semester(specified at INFORMATION – Schedule).
Then, applicants need to check the result of acceptance at ‘MY Page’ of the housing website on the designated result update date. If the status is 'passed', applicant is able to see move-in information as well as payment information by clicking housing application number.
- Those who have previously been evicted from other dormitories at Yonsei University. (However, such applicants may be admitted after an individual case examination.)
Those who have been exposed to an infectious disease. (Tuberculosis test result is required for check-in.)
Those who provide false personal information/data.
Those who are considered unacceptable by the Director.
- Students can send an email to request roommate during a week after payment due date for each program/semester. It's not 100% guaranteed, but will be assigned as long as the room status is allowed.
Otherwise, assigning roommate is processed on a random basis.
Room Rates (double room)
Room rate for the academic year of 2015 : 1,456,000KRW/spring semester or fall semesters (118 days)
- Lounge, seminar room, computer room, laundry facility (coin laundry, dryer and iron on complimentary)
- Shared shower rooms and toilets by floor
- Single bed, desk & chair, bookcase, closet, shoe rack, refrigerator, air-conditioning & heating system, linen set.
- Internet access (with LAN cable) available.
- Students need to bring their own towels, slippers, toiletries and etc.
- Resident of Int’l House can use facilities of SK Global House by trading the entrance card.
- If there is any problem in the room such as light, internet, toilet, etc., residents needs to sign up for maintenance request log at the front desk to get it fixed. The maintenance staff can enter the room for repairs while the resident is away.
- Interphone provided. Residents can take incoming calls from the outside through the dormitory
(+82 2 2123 3612 ARS)
In case you need to cancel the housing after payment or leave the House (Int'l House or SK Global House) after formal check-in date, you can request refund according to the refund policy as shown in the table below. The notice of cancellation or leaving the House in the middle of the semester needs to be made in written form (by email). Date of receiving the notice is based on the Korean time if the cancellation is made before or on the formal check-in date.
- Applicable only for Exchange/Visiting/General Yonsei Students, KLI (regular program) students and YISS students (longer than 6 weeks)
- In the case that the resident is evicted due to violation of housing regulations, there will be NO refund for the housing fee.
- Banking charges incurred for wire transfer of the refund, if any, will be deducted from the refund amount.
- The formal check in date is shown in the Schedule under INFORMATION on the housing website.
- Housing semester schedule differs by program (Exchange/Visiting/General, KLI, YISS).
|Notice of Cancellation or Leaving||Refund|
|Cancel 7 days prior to the formal check-in date||100% of housing fee|
|Cancel 6 days - 1 day prior to
the formal check-in date
|Deduction of KRW100,000 from the housing fee|
|Cancel or leave the House from
the formal check-in date
to the halfway point of the housing semester
|Deduction of 20% from the housing fee,
then refund remaining days out of total days
for the housing semester
|Cancel or leave the House after
the halfway point of housing semester
- International House is not responsible for any case of breakage, damage, loss or robbery of personal belongings. Residents are fully responsible for their belongings.
- Electric razor, hair dryer, computer, battery charger, light stand, humidifier, and others permitted by the house. Hot plates, irons, toasters, rice cooker, individual heater and similar electrical appliances are NOT permitted.
- Residents should collect general mail from individual mail box assigned for each room, and registered mail or parcels from the front desk.
- Residents can get some help from the duty manger for disease or injury such as getting information of hospital/pharmacy or ambulance arrangement.
- If there's an emergency, call 119. Residents will be charged for the expense, if any.
- If residents get an infectious disease, they should immediately report to the housing office.
- If residents get an infectious disease, they should leave the house until they submit the medical report stating that they are fully recovered.
- Main gate: open 24 hours, no curfew
- The Director may adjust the closing time if required.
More information about Internationall House is available at the housing website (http://ih.yonsei.ac.kr/). If you have any
questions regarding International House, please feel free to contact by e-mail at email@example.com or by phone (+82 2 2123 4616).