Types of Visas: F-3 Family DependencyEligibility
Spouses or children (less than 20 years of age) of Foreigners that belong to the following visa statuses: Cultural Arts (D-1), Study Abroad (D-2), General Training (D-4), Press Coverage (D-5), Religious Affairs (D-6), Supervisory
Intra-Company Transfer (D-7), Corporate Investment (D-8), Treaty Trade (D-9), Professorship (E-1), Foreign
Language Instructor (E-2), Research (E-3), Technology Transfer (E-4), Professional Employment (E-5), Arts &
Performances (E-6), or Special Occupations (E-7).
- The Applicant: The person himself/herself
- Where to apply: The embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Korea
- Required Documents
- Documents that prove the family relations (a marriage certificate, a copy of the family register or a birth certificate)
- A certificate of incumbency of inviting parties and a certificate of tax payment
- Fee (single-entry visa: $50 (USD), multiple-entry visa: $80 (USD))
If applicants already have a certificate of visa issuance or certification no. of visa issuance, they only need to submit the
passport, application of visa issuance, and a certificate of visa issuance or certification No. of visa issuance. Charges are not applicable if applying certificate of recognition of visa issuance.
- Applicant: The person himself/herself or the inviting party
- When a faculty staff is applying as a representative, the document of representative, a working certificate and a copy of ID are submitted.
- Where to apply: local immigration office or branch office
- Required Documents: refer to the required documents listed above
1 color photo of the applicant is needed when applying for the certificate of recognition of visa issuance
(Size: 3.5㎝ x 4.5㎝). Photos must have been taken within the past 6 months. Printed photographs are not accepted.
Bright background is preferred over a dark one.
Application for the visa can be made at the embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Korea after the applicants get a certificate of recognition of visa issuance or certification No. of visa issuance.