- Guidelines on Fall 2022 Face-to-Face Classes "with" COVID-19 2022.08.31
Sinchon/International Academic Support Team Attachments( 2 ) Guidelines_on_2022-2_Face-to-Face_Classes_with_COVID-19.pdf User_Manual_for_the_SafeEntry_App.pdf CLOSE TOOLTIP
Guidelines on Fall 2022 (2022-2) Face-to-Face Classes "with" COVID-19
1. Face-to-Face Class General Preventive Measures
■ Personal measures
- Measure body temperature freely when entering classrooms and buildings.
- Always wear a mask in classrooms. (KF94 or KF80)
- Food and beverages in classrooms are prohibited.
2. Measures before Class
■ Installation of SafeEntry application
- Install the SafeEntry app. (Signing up and allowing linking to student records is mandatory.)
- The SafeEntry app is used to report confirmed COVID status and submission of evidential documents.
■ In the event of suspicious symptoms, a rapid antigen test should be performed.
- Go to class only if the result of the rapid antigen test is negative.
- If the self-test result is positive, a professional rapid antigen test should be conducted at the hospital.
3. Report of COVID-19 Positive Status and Attendance Recognition
■ Report of confirmation status
- Submit the COVID-19 tested(positive confirmed) date and evidential documents (Professional rapid antigen test positive confirmation, PCR diagnostic test positive confirmation, or positive confirmation text capture screen) through the SafeEntry app.
- To track the confirmed cases, one must report the COVID confirmed status through the SafeEntry Check app.
- Evidential documents and confirmed status are shared with the course professor if the app is linked to the student record.
■ Providing alternative classes and recognizing attendance for COVID-19-positive students
- Attendance is recognized from the tested(confirmed) date through the quarantine period (7 days) if one reports the confirmed status through the SafeEntry app.
- The quarantine period is subject to change according to government measures.
■ Providing alternative classes and testing measures for confirmed students
- Students in quarantine must attend alternative classes through online classes, assignments, and self-study under the professor's instruction.
- During the in-person testing period, online testing or alternative assignment should be offered for confirmed students, so there is no disadvantage in evaluation. Not taking the test due to COVID confirmation is not permitted.
■ No documents are needed to be submitted when released from quarantine
- Class attendance is possible after 7 days from the tested(confirmed) date
4. Conditional Conversion of Face-to-Face Classes to Virtual Classes
■ If the professor in charge of the class is confirmed positive
- Home treatment or treatment at a residential treatment center: supplementary classes after class suspension or conversion to virtual classes
■ In case of the seriousness of the professor in charge
- If the quarantine and hospitalization treatment period exceed 2 weeks, an alternative instructor should be recruited.
5. Full Conversion of Face-to-Face Classes to Virtual Classes
- If more than 5% of enrolled students are confirmed positive, courses other than pre-approved face-to-face classes will be converted to virtual classes.
- If more than 10% of enrolled students are confirmed positive for COVID-19, all classes will be conducted online.
- Further announcements will be made if the classes are turned online.
- Guidelines on 2022-2 Face-to-Face Classes with COVID-19
- User Manual for the SafeEntry App