ID card is a multi-function smart card made in collaboration with Woori Bank. It offers conveniences of campus life, such as identification card, cash withdrawal, and etc. for Yonei University Student/Faculty/Staff
Main functionEntrance check
Accessible to library, dormitory and other permitted facilities.Electronic attendance check
Class attendance will be checked by touching your ID card on the terminal located next to the entrance door of classroom. Class attendance information can be looked up through the Electronic Roster at Yonsei Portal Service (YPS) website.Check card
ID card can be used to pay for the goods at general credit card member stores within the balance of your bank account if it is connected with a campus Woori bank.
※ Additional service: You may get a discount with the ID card at Salady, Jamba Juice, Paris Baguette in Baegyangnuri (The Commons) on Sinchon campus, some restaurants in Sinchon Severance Hospital Food Court, and some off-campus stores. You can also purchase items at a discounted rate from some out-of-campus Starbucks, Paris Baguette, Baskin Robbins, Lotteria, McDonal’s, Burger King, CU convenience stores, movie theaters, YBM for TOEIC application fee if you satisfy the card use performance conditions of the previous month and designated payment amount, and others in Korea within the consolidation discount limit. For details for the latter, contact Woori banks on the campus.Library use
Library entry, seat assignment of the reading room, and book loan/return system (including book checkout and checkin machine) can be utilized.Cash card
Bank transaction, such as cash deposit/withdrawal, and others can be made via Woori Bank ATMs if the ID card is connected with a campus Woori bank. You can also withdraw money from other bank’s ATMs with the card. (It can be used after initial inquiry transaction through Woori Bank ATMs. [Limit: within the balance of your Woori bank account])Transportation card
Subway and buses can be used with the ID card as a prepaid public transportation card after the cash charge in the campus ATMs.Application period, method, and distribution
|Type||Application Method and Period||Distribution||Remarks|
|Korean||Apply at Yonsei Portal Service (YPS) website first and Mobile WiBee Bank App. consecutively during the designated first application period shown on the University Homepage Notice in early February/August.||First three pick-up days of each semester(See the Homepage Notice for details)||After the first application period, you can apply at YPS website only.|
|Apply at YPS website during the designated second application period notified on the University Homepage Notice in early February/August.||Pick-up day will be text-messaged to the applicant with a Korean Telephone No.|
|Current students||YPS website, all-year-round||Approx. one week later||the same as above|
|Faculty/Staff||YPS website, any time from the appointment day||Approx. one week later||the same as above|
※ ID card with a check card function will be distributed to a Korean student who can apply at YPS website and mobile WiBee Bank App. in a row during the designated first application period.
※ If a foreigner wants to add a check card function to the ID card, please take your alien registration card, a certificate of attendance/employment, and the like to Woori bank on the campus after March/September when you go to pick up your ID card at the bank.
How to apply
ID card application Access to YPS website YPS (Log in) → Academic Information System (Administration Information System) → Issue (Student) ID Card → Apply for an ID card
When applying for a student ID card for a newly admitted (transferred) undergraduate student, your Yonsei Portal ID is your student number, not your examinee’s number. Search for your student number※ Instructions for a Newly admitted/transferred Korean student applying for a student ID card during the first application period
- 1. Newly admitted/transferred Korean students are required to first consent to the personal information collection, utilization, and processing entrustment to a trustee after the login at YPS website. You must apply for an ID card through YPS website first and mobile WiBee Bank App. in succession.
- 2. Please store your student ID photo in advance on your mobile phone in a JPG format with no more than 200KB.
- - 200KB is the size of sending and downloading a photo in general quality to the user at Wibee Talk, and so forth.
- 3. As a real-name verification certificate. only your resident registration card or your driver's license will be accepted.
- 4. Due to a face authentication procedure after identification, no agent will be able to apply for a student ID card.
- 5. You may also apply for a student ID card with a mobile phone under another person's name.
- 6. A student ID card application must be completed within 10 minutes after agreeing with the terms and conditions in the app.
- 7. While staying overseas, you may apply for an ID card during the second application period.
- 8. Please note that if you press the ‘return (previous)’ button while applying in the app., you will go back to the first page.
Lost/damaged card reportLost/damaged card report
You must immediately report your lost ID card to the University both at https://ysid.yonsei.ac.kr/ysidmaster/front/main.do (for entrance and exit /attendance check) and call the Woori Card customer service to stop your lost card if it is financially connected with Woori bank system.
- - To stop the entrance/exit control, attendance check function
- Issue (student) ID card menu at YPS website-> Report your lost card in the Lost/Damaged/Expired Card Management menu.
- - To halt the financial function
- You must instantly report your lost card to Woori Card Customer Service at 02-2169-5900 (English) to stop the financial function of your lost card.
- ※ It is not reimbursable for the amount charged to electronic currency at the time of losing/being stolen.
- - Operating hours: 9 am - 4 pm, business days
- Woori Bank on Sinchon Campus (☎ 02-313-3198~9, Ext.: 313 or 321)
- Woori Bank on Songdo Int’l Campus (☎ 032-822-6321)
- - Outside business hours of Woori Bank
- Woori Card Customer Service (☎ 1588-9955 [Korean], 02-2169-5900 [English])
- General Matters: University Service Center (☎ 02-2123-3205, 9 am – 5:20 pm, business days)
- WiBee Bank App.: Woori Bank (☎ 1588-5000-0-2-2 or 1599-5000-0-2-2)
- Mobile ID Card App.: Ubivelox Ltd. (☎ 02-3470-4951)