- Guidelines on 2023-1 (Spring) Face-to-Face Classes "with" COVID-19 2023.02.27
Sinchon/International Academic Support Team Attachments( 2 ) 2023-1_Living_with_COVID-19_Face-to-Face_Class.pdf 2022-2_SafeEntry_Mobile_App_Manual.pdf CLOSE TOOLTIP
Guidelines on 2023-1 (Spring) Face-to-Face Classes "with" COVID-19
1. Face-to-face Class General Preventive Measures
■ Personal Measures
- It is strongly recommended to wear a mask at all times in the classroom building when in contact with suspected COVID-19 cases, COVID-19 high risk groups, suspected symptomatic or high risk groups.
- It is strongly recommended to wear a mask at all times when classes are held in an enclosed, dense, or close indoor environment where ventilation is difficult.
- Wear a mask at all times during shouting and chorus in a crowded environment. It is strongly recommended to wear a mask at all times in a crowded environment with significant droplet generation such as conversations.
2. Measures before Class
■ Installation of SafeEntry app
- Install the SafeEntry app (Sign up and allowing linking to student record is mandatory)
- The SafeEntry app is used to report confirmed COVID status and submission of evidential documents.
■ In the event of suspicious symptoms, a rapid antigen test should be performed.
- Go to class only if the result of the rapid antigen test is negative.
- If the self-test result is positive, professional rapid antigen test should be conducted at the hospital.
3. Report of COVID-19 Positive status and attendance recognition
■ Report of Confirmation Status
- Submit the COVID-19 tested (positive confirmed) date and evidential documents (Professional rapid antigen test positive confirmation, PCR diagnostic test positive confirmation, or positive confirmation text capture screen) through the SafeEntry app.
- To track the confirmed cases, one must report the COVID confirmed status through the SafeEntry Check app.
- Evidential documents and confirmed status are shared with the course professor if the app is linked to student record.
■ Providing Alternative Classes and recognizing attendance for COVID-19 Positive students
- Attendance is recognized from the tested(confirmed) date through the quarantine period (7 days) if one reports the confirmed status through the SafeEntry app.
- The quarantine period is subjected to change according to government measures.
■ Providing Alternative Classes and testing measures for confirmed students
- Students in quarantine must attend alternative classes through online classes, assignments, and self-study under professor's instruction.
- During in-person testing period, online testing or alternative assignment should be offered for confirmed students so that there is no disadvantage in evaluation. Not taking the test due to COVID confirmation is not permitted.
■ No documents are needed to be submitted when released from quarantine
- Class attendance is possible after 7 days from the tested(confirmed) date
4. Conditional Conversion of face-to-face Classes to Virtual Classes
■ If the professor in charge of the class is confirmed positive
- Home treatment or treatment at a residential treatment center: supplementary classes after class suspension or conversion to virtual classes
■ In case of seriousness of the professor in charge
- If the quarantine and hospitalization treatment period exceeds 2 weeks, an alternative instructor should be recruited.
5. When a confirmed individual is released from legal quarantine
- When the legal quarantine of the confirmed individual is lifted, the confirmed individual's exceptional attendance acknowledgment and exceptions for face-to-face exams are also lifted.
Attached: 2023-1 Living with COVID-19 Face-to-Face Class, 2022-2 SafeEntry Mobile App Manual.