- Notice on Application for Intra-Campus Double Majoring for Fall 2022 2022.06.08
Sinchon/International Academic Support Team Attachments( 1 ) Availability_Table_for_Iintra-Campus_Double_Majoring_(Korean).pdf CLOSE TOOLTIP
Notice on Application for Intra-Campus Double Majoring for Fall 2022
1) Students who entered since 2000 and have been approved for the first major (including students on leave); can apply from the third semester to the last semester before graduation
(graduation candidates, graduation/completion applicants cannot apply)
2) Students of the School of Integrated Technology and the Department of System Semiconductor Engineering cannot apply for intra-campus double majoring.
3) If you want to re-apply after canceling the approved double major, you must submit the cancellation of the double major to the Academic Support Team (B101, Underwood Hall) before the application period. You cannot re-apply the canceled major.
1) Refer to the attached table.
2) You cannot apply for Architecture (5-year course), Integrated Technology, System Semiconductor Engineering, College of Music, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, and Pharmacy.
3) For the majors at the Underwood International College and the Global Leaders College, only the students who entered the colleges can apply.
Criteria for Approval
1) In principle, the number of people selected shall be at least the small number out of 50% of the number of applicants and 30% of the capacity of the applying department.
2) Evaluating by grades by the applying semester (average of the all semesters) and academic plans.
3) If a third-year general transfer student applies for the first semester (attending the fifth semester), the grades from the first semester will be counted.
Schedule and Method
1) Application Period: June 22, 2022 (Wed) 2022, 9:00 ~ June 28, (Tue), 17:00
2) Method: Yonsei Portal Service (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) - Academic Management System
- Major - Intra-Campus Double Majoring
Choose the major you want to apply for - Write the academic plans and save.
※ Write about 500 to 2000 characters (Korean) for each item (motivation, plan)
※ If you cancel after applying, the contents written on the form will be deleted.
※ Please check the name of the major (department) you are applying for.
3) Result announcement: July 29, 2022 (Fri)
※ Yonsei Portal Service-Academic Management System-Major-Intra-Campus Double Majoring-Result
1) Students who are approved for double majors can graduate (or complete) only if they meet the requirements for completing double majors. (The matters concerning the credits of the major vary by department, so please check the office of the relevant department.)
2) Only those who have been approved for double majoring (second major) can apply (select) a third major when applying for graduation (or completion) without prior approval. However, if the requirements for graduation with a double major (second major) are not met, the third major will be automatically canceled and graduation (or completion) with it will not be possible.
3) You cannot obtain a teacher's license even if you complete a double major in Education or Physical Education. However, if a person selected as a teaching course candidate has qualified for the teaching double major recruitments, they will be granted the qualification to obtain the license in the relevant department. (Contact the Administrative Support Team of the College of Educational Sciences.)
4) If you wish to cancel the double major, you must submit the "Cancelation for Intra-Campus Double Major" to the Academic Support Team with the seals of the head of the double majoring department and the dean of the college. Cancellation is available until the last semester before graduation, and you cannot re-apply the major you canceled.
Academic Support Team, Office of Academic Affairs