- 2020 Fall Semester Student ID Card Application Guide for Foreign/Overseas Korean Students 2020.07.29
Sinchon/International University Service Center
2020 Fall Semester Student ID Card
Application Guide for Foreign/Overseas Korean Students
1. The student ID card is a multi-purpose identification card for Yonsei University students. It is issued in collaboration with Woori Bank. It gives you access to university facilities such as libraries, sports facilities, computer rooms, etc. It also allows you to show electronically your attendance for classes. It can be used as a check card to pay at stationery stores, bookstores, and restaurants after opening a bank account at campus Woori banks. Discounted price may be available at some stores on and off the campus if you show the card when purchasing. It can be also utilized as prepaid public transportation card in Korea after the cash charge in the campus ATMs. Please be aware that you can not get a refund for the remaining amount charged to your electronic currency if your student ID card is lost or stolen.
2. Eligibility: Enrolled New (Transfer) Foreign/Overseas Korean students for 2020 Fall Semester who consent to a personal information collection, utilization, and processing entrustment to a trustee
3. Application Period
August 17 (Mon), 2020 at 10 am ~
If you want to receive it during the first
three pick-up days, please be sure to apply by
Wednesday, August 19 at 11:59 pm.
Before the application period, online
applications cannot be made.
After the designated application period,
you may receive it around mid-September.
4. How to find your student ID number
For Undergraduate students, please visit Yonsei Portal Service (YPS) website starting from August 7 (Fri), 2020 at 10 am at https://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/main/indexe.jsp Click on Undergraduate Course Enrollment menu
-> Type in examinee’s number and D.O.B. in YYMMDD order to search for the student ID No.
For Graduate students, please visit the concerned Graduate School website or consult with the relevant admissions officer at your Graduate School.
5. How to Apply
Visit YPS website -> Log in with your student ID number and PW (initial PW : D.O.B. in YYMMDD order) -> Academic Information System -> Issue Student ID -> Apply for an ID card -> Agree with personal info. collection, utilization, and processing entrustment to a trustee -> Check applicant’s info. and click on Photo upload/change button, if necessary -> 신청(Apply)
※ A photo file should be a JPG format with no more than 200KB.
6. ID Card Pick-Up Period and Location (Your designated campus bank)
※ Please be advised that ID Card Pick-up date is subject to change.
￭ Period: September 1 (Wed) ~ 3 (Fri), 2020 from 9 am to 8 pm (For those who applied by Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 11:59 pm)
￭ Locations of Woori Bank (WB) :
- Sinchon Campus: WB in the Student Union Building (Campus Map Bldg. No. 207)
- Songdo Campus: WB in the Songdo Dormitory B (Campus Map Bldg. No. 306)
※ Please visit the Bank with passport or alien registration card to receive the ID card.
※ After the above period, you can pick it up during the bank opening hours from 9am to 4 pm on business days.
7. Student ID Card with Check Card Function
If you want to use your Yonsei student ID (YSID) card for cash deposit/withdrawal in ATMs, please be sure to take your YSID card, certificate of attendance, and your alien registration card or Oveseas Resident Card (For overseas Korean student) to the Woori bank on the campus and open a bank account. Please be advised that you may apply for a certificate of attendance starting from September 1, 2020 on the Online Transcripts & Certificates menu at YPS website and you can print it out from your personal computer printer free of charge. For more information on how to get the certificates, please visit
https://www.yonsei.ac.kr/en_sc/support/certificate1.jsp. You can also obtain it from September 1 after payment at the University Service Center (종합서비스센터) located in Room No. 134 of Baegyangnuri (백양누리, The Commons) or four ACIMs (Automated Certificate Issuing Machine) during the designated opening hours on the same floor. You may also apply for an alien registration card from September 1, 2020 at Seoul Immigrations Office. It may take a maximum of one month for you to receive it from Korea Immigration Service.
8. Lost/Damaged Student ID Card Report and Reissuance
Visit YPS website -> Log in with your student ID number and PW -> Academic Information System -> Issue Student ID -> Lost/Damaged/Expired Card Mgmt. -> Lost/Damaged/Expired Card Report -> Register -> ID Card Mgmt. -> Apply for an ID card >Follow the application steps of Number 5.
It usually takes one week to obtain the reissued ID Card at the campus bank without charge after September 1.
- Reporting Lost/Damaged ID Card : Register your lost/damaged ID card at YPS website as above to cease its use for other people. Please make sure to call the Woori Card customer service center immediately at 1588-9955 as well if your student ID card is connected with Woori Bank Account.
Please be advised that If you lose your student ID card charged with electronic currency such as CashBee, T-money, and etc, you cannot receive the balance.
9. Cancellation of Lost/Damaged/Expired ID Card Report
Yonsei Portal Service website -> Log in -> Academic Information System -> Issue Student ID -> Lost/Damaged/Expired Card Mgmt. -> Present Condition and Cancellation of the Lost/Damaged/Expired Cards -> Cancel
10. Office Hours: 9 am ~ 5:20 pm on business days
• Student ID Card: University Service Center [+822-2123-3205 (from overseas), 02-2123-3205 (in Korea)]
• Student ID Card Distribution at Sinchon Campus: Woori Bank [+822-313-3198 Ext. 313 or 330 (from overseas), 02-313-3198 Ext. 313 or 330 (in Korea)]
• Student ID Card Distribution at Songdo Campus: Woori Bank [+8232-822-6321 Ext. 211 (from overseas), 032-822-6321 Ext. 211 (in Korea)]
• Alien Registration Card/Overseas Resident Card: Ministry of Justice Immigration Contact Center [+82-1345 or +822-6908-1345 (from overseas), 1345 (in Korea)].
UNIVERSITY SERVICE CENTER