- Re-Admission Application for Fall Semester 2023 2023.05.08
Sinchon/International Academic Support Team Attachments( 1 ) Adademic_Plan.hwp CLOSE TOOLTIP
Re-Admission Application Guidelines for Fall Semester 2023
1) Dismissed students
- due to failure to complete their enrollment during the designated period
- due to failure to return after the allowed leave of absence period expires
- due to academic warnings and 2 years or more have passed since the dismissal date
- due to exceeding the maximum semester limit
- voluntary withdrawal
2. Applicable Unit
All departments, except for Education and Pharmacy
1) Students affiliated with the departments that train teachers may apply for re-admission according to the vacancy in each grade year and entering year. (3rd and 4th-year students at the Department of Physical Education, entered in 2015 or later.)
2) Students affiliated with the Department of Law, which was abolished, can apply for re-admission only to
the Department of Public Policy and Management (Public Administration.)
3) Students affiliated with the Colleges of Medicine, Dentistry, and Nursing should contact the office of each college for availability.
3. Re-Admission Procedures (Document Screening)
1) 1st Stage: Review by the Academic Support Team
2) 2nd Stage: Review by each college's review committee (college or department)
3) 3rd Stage: Review by the Re-Admission Committee Review
* If necessary, an additional written test or interview could be administered.
* If you are considered improper in any of the above screening procedures, re-admission is not allowed.
4. Documents for Submission
Yonsei Portal Service (portal.yonsei.ac.kr) → Academic Information System → Academic Affairs → Re-admission
1) Submit through the Academic Information System
2) Submit Offline
(1) Academic Plan
Use the attached form
Visit the Dean of the University College (N311, Baekyang Hall) and the head of your department
The department head's seal is required on the form
(2) Credit Acquisition Status
Check your credit acquisition status at the academic information system, and download a PDF of the table generated through a self-diagnosis.
(3) Certificate of Academic Records
After logging in the Yonsei Portal Service, you may print from the Online Transcripts & Certificates.
1) Application Period: May 30, 2023 (Tue) - June 9 (Fri), 9:00 - 17:00
2) Result Announcement: June 29, 2023 (Thu)
Yonsei Portal Service → Academic Information System → Academic Affairs → Re-admission
1) After re-admitted, students must register and cannot take a leave of absence during the very year.
2) The academic records (period of attendance, academic warning(s), earned credits, grades. etc.)
before dismissal remains.
- Students who have used all general leave of absence before re-admission cannot take a general leave of absence after re-admission.
- The maximum enrollment period of re-admitted students is 12 semesters (if the students were entered as freshmen), including the previously completed semesters. If a student exceeds this, he/she will be expelled. However, if a student who was expelled for the exceeding semester re-admits, he/she can attend up to 16 semesters (up to 8 semesters for 3rd-year transferred students.)
- The academic warnings before re-admission are valid, and the number of times is accumulated. However, if a student who was expelled for poor grades re-admits, he/she will be expelled if he/she receives just one academic warning.
3) Re-admission is allowed only once.
4) If you give up after re-admission, you cannot re-admit again.
5) After passing the re-admission, you cannot take a seasonal semester until the regular semester begins.
6) You cannot change affiliation after re-admission.