- Extension of University Measures in Response to Seoul Metropolitan Area’s Elevated Social Distancing Level 2 2020.09.04
Sinchon/International Office of University Planning & Development
Yonsei University had implemented additional measures since Wednesday, September 2, in response to the government's strengthened “Social Distancing” measures in the Seoul metropolitan area. In accordance with the government’s decision today (September 4) to continue the social distancing period, the university will extend the implementation of the following measures until Sunday, September 13.
We sincerely request your cooperation as we fight to end the COVID-19 pandemic and vanguard the safety of the members of the Yonsei community.
1. Closing of Central Library and Yonsei Samsung Library
- All study rooms and facilities will be closed.
- Library services, including book loan/return and services via phone, will be available.
- Details will be announced on the library website (library.yonsei.ac.kr) after Saturday, September 5.
2. Student Union Building
- All student-governed spaces (e.g., student club rooms, Student Council room) will be closed.
- Other spaces will be operated for shorter hours on the condition that they comply with disinfection rules.
3. Building Entry Restriction
- Only entrants with a registered KT Telecop ID card (e.g., personal ID card, student ID card) for the building or entrants who received approval via QR code at the entrance may get access to the building.
4. Other Guidelines
- The office overseeing the building will lock all unapproved spaces (e.g., classrooms, seminar rooms) to avoid unauthorized meetings.
- On-campus facilities such as Baekyangnuri and dormitories will be operated by the Seoul Metropolitan Government's disinfection rules.
- All faculty members (including instructors), staff, and students are advised to refrain from social activities in consideration of the seriousness of the circumstances.
Yonsei University plans to continue these measures if there are no changes in the Seoul Metropolitan Government’s disinfection rules. Further extension of the measures will be decided on Saturday, September 12.