The institution's purpose is to provide higher education commensurate with Christian doctrine and national educational ideals, in order to train Christian leaders in the principles of Truth and Freedom.
- Maintain University Philosophy
- Train Christian leaders through the appointment of Presidents
- University Financial Support
- Expand profitable businesses and increase contributions
- Maintain Quality of Education
- Manage businesses and audit University administration
Today‘s Education Foundation of Yonsei University was established according to the Private school legislation in 1964, but existed together in history as a foundation when Severance Medical College and Yonhi College merged into Yonsei University.Yonsei University Foundation
- 1885.04.10Gwanghyewon was founded by Rev. H. N. Allen, an American Northern Presbyterian missionary.
- 1915.03.05Yonhi College (Chosun Christian College) was established by Dr. H.G. Underwood at the Seoul YMCA
- 1917.04.07Yonhi College Christian Union Foundation (Yonhi College) receives accreditation (1947. August : Renamed “Yonhi College“)
- 1917.05Severance Union Medical College Foundation receives accreditation (1948. : Renamed ”Severance Medical College”)
- 1948Name changed to ”Severance Medical College“
- 1957.01.05Yonhi University and Severance Medical College merge into Yonsei University
- 1964.04.14Established as Education Foundation of Yonsei University according to the Private School Legislation
- 1972.09.21Lee, Cheon Hwan appointed Chairman
- 1976.03.01Operate the donated Wonju Christian Hospital as Yonsei Wonju Christian Hospital
- 1997.02Bang, Woo Young appointed Chairman
- 2005.05.04Severance New Hospital Opening Ceremony
- 2010.03.03International Campus Opening Ceremony
- 2013.04.26Kim, Seok Soo appointed Chairman
The Foundation has 2 functions. The first is it’s assistance to the board of directors and management of various real estates and assets. The other is to develop and overlook revenue-earning businesses to provide educational financial resources to Yonsei University.
To carry out these duties, the foundation operates the Secretariat(Administrative Support Team, Development Funding Planning Team, Financial Management Team, Business Development Team)and 13 revenue-earning businesses. The Audit office is operated under the Board’s Auditor.
- Assist and host board and division committee meetings.
- The appointment and dismissal of board members
- Foundation Human Resource Management
- The storage and maintenance of Information
- General Asset Insurance
- Vision/Strategy and Implementation
- Judicial and Legal Assistance
- Articles and Regulations of the Corporation
- Public Relations of the foundation
- Budgeting and Settling of Accounts
- Funds Management
- Tax (Corporate and Public Corporation)
- Development of New Businesses
- Improvements and Management of the Operations of businesses
- General Asset Management (Educational, Revenue-earning)
- Registration of Property and Assets
- Management of the “Yonsei’ Brand name
Managed under the Board’s Auditor to audit the foundation’s assets, finances and the overall operations of the Board.
- Auditing Team
- Audit(Regular, Special, Spot)
- Assessment of Revenue-earning Businesses