- Application Guide for Micro Major in Spring 2022 Semester 2022.04.21
Sinchon/International Academic Support Team Attachments( 1 ) Micro_Majors_Subject_List_(Korean).pdf CLOSE TOOLTIP
Application Guide for Micro Major in Spring 2022 Semester
1) To cultivate the ability to converge between majors through the acquisition of various disciplines.
2) To provide opportunities to access other disciplines with lower completion requirements than double majoring or minoring.
Graduation/completion applicants who meet the requirements for completion of micro major
(completed at least 12 credits including mandatory courses.)
※ Subject to application for micro major in Spring 2022: Applicants for graduation/completion in August 2022 (Those who already graduated cannot apply.)
How and When to Apply
1) How to Apply
Meeting all the requirements for completing a micro major (completing at least 12 credits including required subjects) and apply for a micro major when applying for graduation/completion (same as the method for applying for a minor)
※ Yonsei Portal Service (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr) - Student Record - Graduation/Advancement -
2) When to Apply
- 1st: February 14, 2022 (Mon) - February 28 (Mon)
- 2nd: April 27, 2022 (Wed) - May 6 (Fri) [Period for changing graduation plan]
- Last: July 4, 2022 (Mon) - July 6 (Wed) [Final period for changing graduation plan]
List of Micro Majors
Micro Major (in English)
Micro Major (in Korean)
English Language & Literature
English and American Critical and Cultural Theory
German Language & Literature
Cultural Studies of Modern Germany
Russian Language & Literature
Russian Literature and Arts
Regional Culture of Eurasia
Commerce & Economics /
Economy and Business of Korea
한국의 경제와 기업경영
Business Administration /
Computer Science / Artificial Intelligence
Marketing and AI
AI and Management Science
AI and IS
Astronomy and Space Sciences
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Smart Construction Information
Sustainable Infrastructure Systems
Life Science & Biotechnology
Religion and Human Rights
Human Resource Development
Bio & Living Engineering
Applied Information Engineering
Applied Information Engineering
Enterprise Support Foundation
※ Please refer to attached for the list of the subjects in the micro majors.
1) If double/interdisciplinary majoring or minoring at the department where any micro major belongs is approved, the credits are recognized for a double/interdisciplinary major or a minor.
2) You may apply for up to 2 micro majors.
※ Duplicate recognition of subjects between micro majors is not allowed, so additional courses must be completed among the corresponding micro major subjects as many as the number of overlapping credits.
3) Any subject that is cross-recognized as a major subject for 1st and 2nd major (including interdisciplinary major) cannot be recognized as a micro major.
4) Even if you have completed a micro major subject before the Spring 2022 Semester, the course is recognized.
5) Micro major certification details will be written on the transcript at the end of August 2022 (degree conferment date) after verifying whether micro major applicants have met the completion requirement.
Academic Support Team, Office of Academic Affairs