- Guidance on the Application and Approval of Major for Spring Semester 2022 2021.11.18
Sinchon/International University Collge
Guidance on the Application and Approval of Major
Students who entered Yonsei University with their majors decided upon admission since 2010, will automatically enter their majors after completing the second semester at the University College. However, students who are not given a major will enter the major after completing the second semester and going through the application and approval process below.
1. Automatic Approval for Entering Majors
- Students who already have majors decided upon admission (entrants in 2010 and after)
- Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering, entered in 2008 and 2009
- Electrical & Electronic Engineering, entered in 2008 and 2009
2. Require Application and Approval Procedures for Majors
- Students whose majors are undecided (entrants in 2009 and before)
- Free major
- Foreigner Global Division entered in 2011 and 2012
- Architectural & Urban Planning Engineering, entered in 2010 and 2011
- Computer & Information Engineering, entered in 2010 and 2011
- Architectural Engineering, entered since 2012
Students who fall under the above 2. can enter the major after completing the second semester at the University College, without a separate subject requirement.
Only the University College students who are enrolled for the fall 2021 semester are eligible for major application and approval. The students who are taking the leave of absence are ineligible. (UIC and GLC students will go through different procedures.)
1. Application and Checking Entry Status: December 6, 2021 (Mon) 9:00 – December 24, 2021 (Fri) 24:00
2. Confirmation or Change on Application: December 30, 2021 (Thu) 9:00 – January 3, 2022 (Mon) 24:00
3. Announcement for Approval Results: End of January, 2022, via Yonsei Portal
- Please be aware that your application for major may not be withdrawn of changed after the period of confirmation and change. Also, changing or withdrawing the approved major is impossible. So please be cautious when applying.
- Students who are automatically entering majors should also log in the Yonsei Portal and select the Major -> Major Application, and participate in the survey.
(Yonsei Portal -> (log in) ->