- Course Withdrawal for Emergency 2021.04.12
Sinchon/International Academic Support Team Attachments( 1 ) Course_Withdrawal_for_Emergency_Semester.pdf CLOSE TOOLTIP
Course Withdrawal for Emergency
The Course Withdrawal for Emergency is implemented only for the 2020 Spring semester courses to remedy the unfair evaluation result endowed unrelated to students’ learning abilities or efforts such as unstable network environment and poor IT devices in online/non-face-to-face classes under the COVID-19 pandemic.
1. Applicable Students : Undergraduates of Sinchon Campus(including the International Campus) who have completed the 2020 Spring semester.
※ All students (including those on leave and on military leave) can apply during this semester’s course withdrawal period.
- Those who graduated or in the state of ‘Completion of Bachelor’s Degree’, and Dismissed Students as of February 2020 cannot apply.
- 2021 Springl semester Medicine/Dentistry College students cannot apply.)
2. Applicable Courses for Withdrawal
One course completed in 2020 Spring semester except for P/NP graded courses.
At least one course must remain completed after withdrawal.
3. Course Withdrawal Period for Emergency
April 26 (Mon) 09:00 ~ April 28 (Wed) 23:59
- Cancellation of withdrawal is possible through the Yonsei Portal during the same period.
- Withdrawal cannot be cancelled after the course withdrawal period.
- Students who wish to graduate or be in ‘Completion of Bachelor’s Degree’ status must check whether the course withdrawal does not result in lack of graduation requirements.
4. Recalculating GPA after Course Withdrawal for Emergency
Recalculated GPA will be updated on May 12 (Wed) 15:00, and can be checked at the Yonsei Portal Service (http://portal.yonsei.ac.kr/ → Academic Information System → Academic Management System (Degree Programs) → Course → Grading Browse).
The withdrawn course will be marked as ’WE (Withdrawn for Emergency Situation)’ instead of grade on the transcript and be excluded from GPA calculation.
1) Students with the course withdrawal are not eligible for academic honors even if their GPAs meet the requirements.
2) 2020 Spring semester academic warnings, academic warning dismissals, academic honors given based on the original GPA before withdrawal will remain effective.
3) The original GPA before withdrawal is applied to screening the qualification for the grants and scholarships, student loans of the Korea Student Aid Foundation.
4) The original GPA before withdrawal is applied to screening the qualification for internal and external scholarships.
Academic Support Team, Office of Academic Affairs