- 2020-2nd Dormitory Payment Guide for 2020-1st Dormitory Students [Muak, Woojungwon, Beophyeon] 2020.07.22
Sinchon Housing Office
[2020-2nd Dormitory Payment Guide for 2020-1st Dormitory Students]
-Muak, Woojungwon, Beophyeon-
-외국인, 재외국민 전용 안내문-
For 2020-1st semester dormitory students, Sinchon Campus
▪As Yonsei University has decided to operate mixed classes of online and offline (BLENDING classes) for 2020-2nd semester(First day of class, 1st of September, 2020), Housing Office of Sinchon Campus has decided to open the dormitory for the upcoming 2nd semester.
▪Dormitory is a group living space and vulnerable to infectious diseases, for the safety of the dormitory residents, please actively cooperate with the measures such as quarantine and COVID-19 protocols etc.
▪For those who are expected to move-in to the dormitory for the 2020-2nd semester, please refrain from traveling abroad and visiting multi-use facilities. Plus, consider the mandatory quarantine period (14 days) after entering Korea from abroad.
▪All the dormitory residents MUST take COVID-19 tests before moving into the dormitory (Except the current dormitory residents).
▪Subject to quarantine at the dormitory MUST check-in at SK Global House between August 15 (Sat.) ~ August 17 (Mon.), 2020. The cost of quarantine and ordering meals will be charged.
※ Dormitory students those academic status have been changed (such as graduation, leave semester, change of status from undergraduate to graduate student) and those who have violated dormitory rules and forced checked out cannot extend/register dormitory.
※ Muak #4 will be remodeled during the Fall semester and will NOT be included in the registration list for the extension of the 2020-2nd semester, so please check the 2020-2nd dormitory application guide announcement for the details.
▪If COVID-19 infection spreads to a serious condition, the dormitory of Sinchon Campus move-in schedule may be suspended altogether.
1. 2020-2nd Semester Dormitory Re-register
2020-1st Dormitory Result
Subject of Quarantine
2020-1st semester dormitory students of Muak #1, #2, #3, Woojungwon, and Beophyeon (Foreign or overseas Korean students who have been living in Korea for more than 15 days without leaving the country)
July 27th(Mon.) ~ July 28th(Tues.), 2020
Register and Pay
2020-1st Semester Accepted Dormitory
(Room number will be changed)
August 28th(Fri.) ~ August 31st(Mon.), 2020
Current dormitory resident (2020-1st dormitory resident)
Without moving out, assigned for the current room
2020-1st current dormitory residents of Muak #4B
July 20th(Mon.) ~ July 22nd(Wed.), 2020
-SK Global House
of Double Room
- Int’l House
of Double Room
August 31st(Mon.), 2020
Muak #4B -> SK or Int’t House Moving Day
2020-1st semester dormitory students of Muak #4B
(Foreign or overseas Korean students who have been living in Korea for more than 15 days)
August 31st(Mon.), 2020
2020-1st semester dormitory students of Muak#1,2,3,4B,Woojungwon, and Beophyeon
(Foreign and overseas Korean students who have not yet entered Korea or currently not in Korea)
Those who are accepted to international dormitory and wish to be quarantined at the dormitory MUST check-in to SK Global House within the designated dates August 15th(Sat.) ~ August 17th(Mon.), 2020 (Quarantine Expenses will be charged)
August 15th(Sat.) ~ August 17th(Mon.), 2020
After 14 nights and 15 days of quarantine, you will be moving to the assigned room of SK or Int’l House
2. 2020-2nd Move-in Guide [Muak #1,2,3, Woojungwon, Beophyeon]
A. Residing period : August 28th(Fri.) ~ December 22nd(Tues.) by 12:00 PM
B. Move-in guide
1) Compulsory documents in order to move-in
a. COVID-19 test result (negative), and its’ medical receipt from the clinic (진료비영수증, for refund)
▻ COVID-19 test result, examination within 5 days prior to the move-in date is only valid, (except weekends and holidays)
▻ The examination fee [actual expenses aid up to 120,000 won] will be refunded to the bank account registered in your student portal.
▻ Search for 'COVID-19 Screening Clinic' at http://ncov.mohw.go.kr and check for local ’COVID-19 Screening Clinic(선별진료소)'
(Each 'COVID-19 Screening Clinic' has different inspection costs, and it may not be possible to book on the same day, so please check in advance.)
b. Tuberculosis test result (within two months)
c. Certificate of Entry and Exit (출입국사실증명서)
2) Room Assignment : Those who are not currently living in the dormitory will be assigned new room number
3) Things to prepare : Student ID Card(will register as dormitory card), ID photo(3*4 size, within 3-month), Personal Items, Blanket and Pillow / *Mattress cover will be provided
4) Move-in process : Submit required documents for re-entry at the check-in desk, go through the check-in process and COVID-19 protocols, receive a dormitory packet.
C. 2020-Summer Current Dormitory Resident
1) Official check-out date of 2020-Summer is 21st of August (Fri.), 2020 by 12 PM. However, current dormitory residents are exclude from COVID-19 tests. Therefore, please make sure to follow the precautionary measures in order to prevent from the virus. Those who wish to live during the dormitory cleaning period [August 21st (Fri.) ~August 27th (Thurs.)/ 7 nights] make sure to pay additional dormitory fee for 123 nights.
2) If you wish to re-check into dormitory on the 2020-2nd semester move-in date(8.28.Fri) after checking out from the dormitory due to personal reasons, you MUST take out all your belongings on the check-out date. When re-entering, you MUST submit the results of the COVID-19 tests, and your room number will be reassigned.
D. Dormitory Facilities
1) Room : Desk, Bookshelves, Closet, A/C, Internet, Bed
2) Common Areas : Gym, Laundry Room, Study Room, Convenience Store, Cafeteria, Chapel, Prayer Room etc.
E. Prohibited Items in the dorm: Electric heating equipment (such as liners, irons, ports, etc), refrigerators, cooking utensils (such as rice cookers), pets, and other dangerous substances (such as electric kickboards), etc.
3. Dormitory fee payment
A. Payment period : July 27th(Mon.) ~ July 28th(Tues.), 2020
B. Individually provided account and Important Announcement
1) The payment must be made to the individual virtual account within the above period, and if the payment is not made by the due date, the dormitory will be canceled.
2) Note : The tuition and dormitory fee payment accounts are different.
3) KGSP students’ dormitory fee will be charged from the scholarship directly.
4) Note! KGSP students those who are accepted to 2020-1st semester dormitory but not planning to living in the dormitory for the upcoming 2020-2nd semester, MUST submit the dormitory cancellation form by July 28th (Tues.), 2020 by 5PM(17:00) in order to not to be deducted dormitory fee from the scholarship
C. Dormitory Fees
2020-1st Current Dormitory Resident
2020-1st Re-entering Dormitory Resident
*Junior, Senior of College of Nursing 재입사자 933,570won (Move-in date 8/21)
※ Beophyeon House, check the additional announcement
4. Refund Policy
A. Cancellation 1 day before the official move-in date (Current Resident :August 21st/Upcoming Resident :August 28th ) : Fully Refund
B. Cancellation after the official move-in date (Current Resident :August 21st/Upcoming Resident :August 28th ) : After deduction of 150,000won and refund the rest (calculate by day)
1) Move-out after 13 weeks ( After November 26th (Thurs.) 12PM): No Refund
2) Forced check-out
- Before 13 weeks from the official move-in date (November 26th (Thurs.)) : deduction of 150,000won and refund the 70% of rest dormitory fee. After 13 weeks from the official move-in date, No refund.
3) Those who are semester, expelled from school MUST check-out within 10days. and the refund policy and same above.
C. Cancellation and Refund Policy
1) Process : Send the‘Dormitory Cancellation Form’and Photocopy of a bank note (Korean bank)
2) How: by sending the form* via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), FAX(02-2123-8679)
▻Download form* : Housing Office website → Forms(서식자료실) → Dormitory Cancellation Form(퇴사 및 환불 신청서)
5. Free parking on the move-in date : August 28th(Fri.) ~ August 31st(Mon.), 2020
Limited to one free ticket during the official move-in dates, besides that period parking fee will be charged
A. Muak and Woojungwon : 02-2123-3602 / 3622
B. Beophyeon House : 02-2123-3693 / 3617
C. Internation and SK Global House : 02-2123-8256
D. Housing Office of Muak Email : email@example.com
E. Housing Office Address : Muak #1-B222, Housing Office, 50, Yonsei-ro, Seodaemun-gu, Seoul, Republic of Korea 우) 03722 서울시 서대문구 연세로 50 무악1학사 B동 2층 (in Korean)
2020. 7. 21
Korean version: click here