- Re-Admission Application for Spring semester 2024 2023.11.08
· Not currently registered or enrolled
· Previously dismissed for academic performance (at least 2 years since dismissal)
· Exceeded the maximum allowed semesters
· Voluntarily withdrew from the university (dropout)
2. Available Units
Re-admission is available for almost all academic departments except for the Department of Education and the School of Pharmacy. Specific conditions apply:
1) Department of Education: Vacancies vary by academic year and student enrollment (open to students from the year 2015 and above, excluding 4th-year students in the Physical Education Department).
2) Former Department of Law: Re-admission is possible for the Department of Public Administration only.
3) Students from the School of Medicine, School of Dentistry, and College of Nursing should confirm their eligibility with their respective college's administrative team.
3. Application Procedure (Document Review)
1) Step 1: Review by the Academic Support Team
2) Step 2: Review by the University-specific Review Committee (relevant college and department)
3) Step 3: Review by the Re-Admission Review Committee
* The department may require additional examinations as necessary.
* If any of these stages result in an 'unsuccessful' evaluation, re-admission will not be granted.
4. Required Documents
To initiate the re-admission application, log in to the academic portal system at portal.yonsei.ac.kr and follow these steps:
1) Complete the online forms within the portal system, including:
2) Attach the following documents:
(1) Academic Plan
The Academic Plan must adhere to the specified format and requires the signatures of the Dean of the Undergraduate School (located at 백양관 N311) and the Department Head after a consultation.
Signatures from the Dean of the Undergraduate School and the Department Head must be obtained within 6 months of the submission to remain valid.
(2) Academic Transcript
Obtain the PDF format through self-assessment based on the grade report available in the system.
(3) Certificate of Enrollment
Can be obtained in the 'Internet Certificate' section after logging in to the academic portal system.
1) Application Period: November 27, 2023 (Monday) ~ December 8, 2023 (Friday) 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
* Log in to Yonsei Portal Service → Academic Information System → Academic Records → Re-Admission Application
2) Announcement of Accepted Re-Admission Applicants: December 29, 2023 (Thursday)
* Log in to Yonsei Portal Service → Academic Information System → Academic Records → Re-Admission Application to check the results.
6. Important Notes
1) Upon re-admission, it is mandatory to register for the current semester, and general leaves of absence are not permitted.
2) The academic records, including previous enrollment periods, academic warnings, earned credits, and grades before re-admission, will be considered cumulatively.
- Students who have utilized all available general leaves of absence before re-admission cannot apply for general leaves of absence after re-admission.
- The maximum duration for re-admitted students includes the previously completed semesters and is limited to 12 semesters (based on the original enrollment). However, students who were previously dismissed for exceeding the maximum semesters can study for a maximum of 16 semesters (8 semesters for transfer students) upon re-admission.
- Academic warning records from before re-admission remain valid and will accumulate. However, if a student was previously dismissed for poor academic performance and is readmitted, even one academic warning will result in dismissal.
- Students who have exhausted all available general leaves of absence before re-admission cannot apply for general leaves of absence after re-admission.
3) Re-admission is allowed only once.
4) If a student gives up their re-admission after being accepted, re-admission will not be granted again.
5) Re-admitted students are not allowed to enroll in summer or winter sessions until the semester officially begins.
6) Changing your affiliation or department is not permitted after re-admission.