- Office 365 (OneDrive, Exchange, SharePoint) Storage Capacity Limitation Notice 2023.11.06
Common Information and Communication Office Attachments( 1 ) 사용자안내매뉴얼(manual for guidance).pdf CLOSE TOOLTIP
Office 365 (OneDrive, Exchange, SharePoint) Storage Capacity Limitation Notice
This is a notice from Yonsei University Information and Communication Office.
Please refer to the following information about the Office 365 storage services (OneDrive, Exchange, SharePoint).
Recently, there has been a change in the storage capacity policy of Microsoft's Office 365 Education service. The total storage allocation for the entire university has been limited to 100TB, no longer providing unlimited capacity as before. As a result, we would like to share the key details below for your reference and usage.
※ This change will not affect the use of Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.) programs for current students, faculty and staff members in service.
Before the change
After the change
Total storage of the school
Current students/ Faculty and staff
(OneDrive, SharePoint, Exchange)
Retired faculty and staff/ Expelled, Graduated, and Alumni
Feb 1. 2024 - Individual storage capacity adjustment for all users (1TB → 1GB)
- Accounts exceeding 1GB storage will be switched to read-only
※ Please delete files within the 1GB storage by Jan 31, 2024.
March 1. 2024 - Accounts of graduated/completed/expelled students, and retired faculty and staff members will be blocked from signing in
April 1. 2024 - Account deletion for graduated/completed/expelled students and retired faculty and staff members
3. Kindly request the following
- As the accounts of graduated/completed/expelled students and retired faculty and staff are to be deleted, please backup the data needed.
- The accounts exceeding the 1GB storage limit will be switched to read-only mode. Please backup and delete the data.
- Also, please delete files on shared drives. Creating shared drives in Teams and SharePoint is possible, but please note that they are subject to the storage limitations as they share the school's capacity.
- Please be aware that o365.yonsei.ac.kr accounts are organization accounts, therefore the storage cannot be increased through purchasing additional licenses individually.
4. Instructions for Storage Cleanup
- Please refer to the attached manual for guidance.
- E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel : 02-2123-4971~2, 6417