- Notice on Application for Double Majoring for Fall 2022 Graduation Candidates 2022.06.08
Common Academic Support Team Attachments( 1 ) Application_Form_for_Double_Majoring_for Graduation_Candidates_and_Form_for_Academic_Plan_(Korean).hwp CLOSE TOOLTIP
Notice on Application for Double Majoring for Fall 2022 Graduation Candidates
Yonsei University undergraduate students who are scheduled to graduate in August 2022 and has passed the graduation screening.
※ Those who are scheduled to complete in August 2022, those who already completed, and those who transferred from other universities cannot apply.
2. Recruiting Departments
1) All departments except for the following departments and colleges: Architecture (5-year course), Integrated Technology, System Semiconductor Engineering, College of Music, Underwood International College, Global Leaders College, Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, all majors related to medical technicians under the Medical Technician Law, and Wonju College of Medicine.
2) Not applicable for the same department or major (including 2nd major for those who are double majoring.)
3) You cannot obtain a teacher's license even if you complete a double major in Education or Physical Education. However, if a person selected as a teaching course candidate has qualified the teaching double major recruitments, they will be granted the qualification to obtain the license in the relevant department.
Document review and interview (face-to-face, and written test may be imposed if necessary)
1) 1 copy of the application form [1 copy of ID photo (4cmx5cm) should be attached] <Refer to the attached>
2) 1 copy of the academic plan [including a recommendation letter from the chair of the department] <Refer to the attached>
3) 1 copy of the expected graduation certificate
※ Documents other than designated documents shall not be accepted; for fair examination, they will be destroyed in case of submission.
June 22 (Wed)
- June 28 (Tue)
▣ Sinchon: Academic Support Team
(B101, Underwood Hall)
▣ Mirae: Academic Affairs Department
(108, University Headquarters)
* Hours: 9 AM - 5 PM
July 19 (Tue)
Applying department will inform the interview schedule (time and place).
July 29 (Fri)
Yonsei Portal Service → Academic Information System → Academic Management System → Major → Double Major for Graduation Candidate → Examination Result
Aug. 19 (Fri)
- Aug. 25 (Thu)
* Admission will be canceled if tuition is not paid within the registration period, and graduation will be processed only with the degree in the first major in February 2023.
① Even if a student is accepted for double majoring for graduation candidate, the acceptance will be canceled if graduation in the first major is not possible.
2) Restriction on support for double majoring graduation candidates
① Double majoring graduation candidates shall not receive scholarships (including type 1 and 2 KOSAF scholarships and the national working scholarship) or lend student loans.
② A double majoring graduation candidate cannot receive a graduation certificate of the first major, since he/she is still an enrolled student even after completing the first major.
③ At the Department of Education and the Department of Physical Education, only those who are selected as teaching course candidates in the first major and have gone through the process of teaching double major recruitment are eligible to obtain the teacher's license in the relevant department.
④ If you drop out in the middle of completing the double major for graduation candidates or get expelled (unregistering, not returning, failing, or exceeding the semester), you will graduate at the end of the semester with your previous student ID number; and you cannot re-enter in any case since you are already graduated. It is impossible to reflect the discontinued major course as a double major or a minor.
① A double majoring graduation candidate shall complete at least 3 semesters (from 4th semester to exceed semester) and shall not exceed 6 semesters.
② The periods of leave of absence of a majoring candidate shall not exceed 1/2 of the enrolled periods.
③ A double majoring graduation candidate cannot take a general leave of absence in the first semester. Only military service leave of absence or sick leave of absence is available.
4) Requirements for completion and degree grant
① A double majoring graduation candidate must obtain at least 51 credits designated by the double majoring department. However, there are cases where the mandatory credits for the major are higher than the credits for graduation, so you must check with the college or department office.
② The degree certificate of a double majoring graduation candidate shall be awarded along with the first major degree certificate upon completing the double major. (Each degree certificate is awarded separately, but the degree registration number is the same.)
5) Other matters shall be in accordance with the university rules and the detailed rules for the implementation of double majoring.
Academic Support Team, Office of Academic Affairs