- Foreign Adjunct Professor Recruitment 2020.05.20 ~ 2020.05.25
Foreign Adjunct Professor Recruitment
1. Areas of Recruitment
Mirae Office of
Open to all, but majors related to English teaching are preferred.
- Native English speaker
- Foreign national
2. Job Description
Adjunct Professors are required to teach various English classes which are all university credit courses and cover four skills of the language. Adjunct Professor’s standard schedule will be eighteen class hours per week during the spring and the fall semesters, and twenty during the summer and winter ones. Additional hours beyond the contractual hours are compensated with overtime premium.
Adjunct Professors will teach four semester during an academic year, with fall and spring being 16 weeks long followed by short winter and summer semesters of 5 weeks duration.
The subjects that Adjunct Professors will teach are mainly about the basic communication ability of English. The examples of them are as follows: University English(Listening, Speaking, Writing), Basic English, Intermediate English, Readings in Economics, Speech, Business English, etc.
3. General Qualifications
1. Applicants must have at least four year of research or teaching experience after obtaining a bachelor's degree.
2. Applicants must be legally eligible to work at a private university in Korea.
3. Applicants must agree with the general Christian education principles espoused by Yonsei University.
4. Application Period
May 20, 2020 ~ May 25, 2020 (by 5 P.M. on the deadline)
* Applications may be submitted by e-mail, post or personal visit (except weekends).
* email address: email@example.com
* post address: 1 Yonseidae-gil, Wonju-si, Gangwon-do, 26493 Rep. of Korea
5. Required Documents
1. Completed application Form
2. List of research publications
- Collect cover pages of the publications (up to three) and combine them into one pdf file.
3. Official diplomas and transcripts
- Certificate of the bachelor’s degree
- Certificate of the highest degree
4. Certificate of Career and Certificate of Employment
5. Other certificates or licenses (if applicable)
6. Evaluation Process
1. Stage (1): Document Screening → Stage (2): Interview (optional)
2. The result of evaluation from each stage will be notified individually.
7. Period of Contract
One year contract from September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021.
8. Additional Information
1. Submitted documents are not returned.
2. Yonsei University has the right revoke faculty appointments resulting from deficient information or false documents.
3. Successful candidate might be requested submit additional evidential documents.
4. Applicants are responsible for any disadvantage due to deficient or incomplete documents, unqualified application, being out of contact.
5. No applicant might be appointed when there’s no one qualified.
6. For the matters not specified on this notice, relevant regulations of Yonsei University will be applied.
7. Please contact MOIA via email at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.