Throughout our proud 131 years of history, Yonsei University has made major contributions in modernization, industrialization and democratization. In 1978, Yonsei University commenced new history within the Wonju region. By expanding into Gangwon province, Yonsei has developed Wonju campus as a ‘Smart Eco Campus’, which possess state-of-the-art education facilities in accordance with the beautiful nature Wonju has to offer. Wonju Campus is surrounded by natural tourist attractions like the Chiaksan and Baegunsan Mountains, and Maeji Lake. Yonsei University has entered into a new period of change. The beginning of an era of increased life spans and the “4th industrial revolution” has allowed the University to rethink the original purpose of education and its direction. Yonsei must make the transition from its traditional knowledge-based and employment-centered education to focus on teaching students to maximize self-values and personal growth.
Wonju Campus is a student-focused education centered university. Wonju Campus has opened new prospects by establishing the nation’s first Residential College (RC) educational program. The university has established a student centered mentoring system where it connects professors and alumni. It also provides various extra-curricular opportunities like overseas expeditions, cultural interactions, and career seminars to benefit students beyond the classroom environment. Furthermore, the university stresses the importance of serving the community. Wonju Campus students develop intellectual, spiritual, and personal growth to achieve successful employment. Yonsei University Wonju Campus strives to educate global leaders with responsibility to their region and world community, thus Wonju Campus’ vision is to educate its students to become global leaders with adequate skills who posses responsibility to regional community and a global sense, prepared for the international stage. Wonju Campus boasts top-class research facilitation and competitiveness within the nation, especially within the field of specialization. The Health & Development area portrays the highest research capacity, which defines the Yonsei identity. Biomedical-wellness, and the Institute for Poverty Alleviation and International Development are the pride of the institute for Health & Development, with Modern Korean Studies as another multidisciplinary field that has shown top research results.
Wonju Campus sets a good model for regional development. Our university boasts proud accomplishments as a contributing powerhouse in regional development of medical devices. In addition, Wonju Severance Hospital has been the representative medical institution within Wonju and the Gangwon provincial region. Wonju Campus has made various contributions in building innovation, enterprise, and medical developments, towards Wonju City’s identity as an environmental city. The university now expands past medical and bio-focused development, as it now serves in the humanities, culture, and art areas. Therefore, Wonju Campus seeks to co-develop with Wonju as the center of Korean society and to become a world model. “Serving” is the central idea of Wonju campus. Under the Yonsei idea of helping those who are poor and isolated, the University hopes to be a leading force in changing the world. Moreover, under the idea of “One Yonsei”, foreign exchange, campus exchange, and double major programs with the Sinchon campus are offered. Although the campus is located in Wonju, Gangwon province, our campus is a global campus that interacts with the world.
Now, Yonsei University Wonju Campus will strive to become an even more well-respected university by leading innovative education and culture, and continue our mission of sincerity and integrity. Please support Yonsei University Wonju campus with love and peace.
Yoon Bang Seob
The 17th Vice President of Yonsei University Yoon Bang Seob
- 1983Yonsei University Department of Business Administration (BA)
- 1986Yonsei University Graduate School of Business Administration
- 1991Georgia Institute of Technology
- 2016~PresentYonsei University Wonju Campus Vice President
- 2014~2016Dean of Yonsei University School of Business Administration and Graduate School of Entrepreneurial Management
- 2008~2012Dean of Academic Affairs Yonsei University Wonju Campus
- 2008Director of the Ministry of Planning Yonsei University Wonju Campus
- 2005~2007Dean of Admission policy Yonsei University Wonju Campus
- 2002~2003Dean of Business Incubator Center
- 2001~2005Dean of School of Business Informatics Yonsei University Wonju Campus
- 2000~2001Visiting Professor at Georgia Institute of Technology
- 1998~2000Director of Graduate School of Scientific Management Yonsei University Wonju Campus
- 1993~PresentProfessor at School of Politics and Business Yonsei University Wonju Campus
- 2012~2016Member of board of directors at Korean Association of Logics Management
- 2011~2016Member of Korean Christian Academy of Management
- 2004~2005Executive director at The Korean Ethics Studies Association
- 2004Director at Korea Trade Research Association
- 2002~2004Director at Korean Academy of Organization and Management
- 2001~2006Affiliated Professor at Leadership Korea
- 2000~2002Director at Korean Academy of Organization and Management
- 1996~2003Head of Planning, Researching, Publishing at Korean Christian Academy of Management
- 1996~1999Director of Wonju branch of IVF