Types of Visas: E-1 Professor
E-1(Professor) visa is applicable for an individual who seeks to give lectures or conduct a special study at a college or university in Korea.Application
- The Applicant: The person himself/herself
- Where to apply: Local embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Korea
- Required Documents
- A certificate of career
- A copy of certificate of degree (must bring original to prove the copy's authenticity)
- A certificate of employment or confirmation of expected employment
- Agreement of Exchange & a warrant of detachment
(if there is an agreement of exchange Professorship between concerned universities/colleges)
- A copy of business registration of education institutes (a copy of specific number card)
- A photocopy of the documents related with BK21 in the case that he/she has a concern in BK21
- A letter of recommendation from the Minister of Science and Technology for the high-quality human resources of science
- Fee [single-entry visa: $50 (USD), multiple-entry visa: $80 (USD)]
If applicants already have a certificate of visa issuance or certification no. of visa issuance, they only need to submit the
passport, application of visa issuance, and a certificate of visa issuance or certification No. of visa issuance. Charges are not applicable if applying certificate of recognition of visa issuance.
- Applicant: The person himself/herself or the inviting party
- When a faculty staff is applying as a representative, the document of representative, a working certificate and a copy of ID are submitted
- Where to apply: Local immigration office or branch office
- Required Documents: refer to the required documents listed above
1 color photo of the applicant is needed when applying for the certificate of recognition of visa issuance
(Size: 3.5㎝ x 4.5㎝). Photos must have been taken within the past 6 months. Printed photographs are not accepted.
Bright background is preferred over a dark one.
Application for the visa can be made at the embassy or the consulate of the Republic of Korea after the applicants get a certificate of recognition of visa issuance or certification No. of visa issuance.
- Professors who wish to continue their lecturing or study activities at Yonsei beyond their valid visa period are
required to apply for the visa extension.
- Passport and foreign registration card
- Application form
- An employment contract
- A recommendation letter by the local government head of special zone
(in case the person working for local specialization project)
- Fees (60,000 KRW)
Application for an extension of stay is available from two months before the expiration date. Penalties will be charged for the
person who make application after the expiration date.