YIC Counseling Center (Yonsei International Campus Counseling Center) has been formed on the basis of Christian spirit to help students lead happy and healthy campus lives. The center’s goal is to help students best adapt to campus life through educational activities, counseling and if needed psychological analysis.
The center aims to help by enhancing self-understanding and growth, which supports sharing with others in the 3 us system (Find us, Change us, Share us) a wide range of psychological tests and counseling are available (individual counseling, group counseling, and telephone counseling).Free counseling and testing is available in all consultations are confidential.
Students can identify their problems face-to-face and one-on-one with a professional counselor, and a visit with the specific process solutions. Interpersonal relationships, adaptation, personality, emotions career, academics, family are dealt with as well as a variety of issues including sex.
Group counseling consists of around 5-10 people under the guidance of a professional counselor. They can achieve common goals through interaction between participating members. Preferred relationships, career decision , self-growth are themes that are usually dealt with in these meetings.
The Center provides tests of personality and adaptation. They help to explore relationships and career paths. They area checking tool for understanding ourselves more objectively.
- Myers-Briggs personality type tests (MBTI)
- Minnesota multifaceted personality tests (MMPI-2)
- sentence completion test (SCT)
- Interpersonal Problems Korea test (K-IIP)
- U & I career exploration test
- job aptitude test for college Korea (K-VAT)
- Suicide Prevention Education
- Education for Mental Health Symposium
Counseling Center usage procedure and time
- Procedure : Visits, telephone and email consultations → psychological tests and interviews → test analysis → consultations
- Available time : Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Facilities and Location Information
- Campus location : YUHS Administration Building 3 Floor No. 312
- Phone number : 032-749-2070