Yonsei University Museum was founded in 1924, which has the longest history among university museums. Yonsei University Museum’s unearthing of Seokjangri Paleolithic relics in 1964 was the first occasion that proved Korea’s Paleolithic culture which opened a new chapter in the field of Korean Archaeology and History. Our museum was reorganized into a comprehensive museum covering art, archeology, history, folklore, natural history field in October 1981. In 1988 it moved to the Centennial Hall to commemorate the centenary and celebrate a new start. The museum aims to collect, research and develop the cultural elements associated with this traditional culture of Korea, which is preserving the exhibitions to meet the educational and academic research in our universities. Since 2006, the museum was officially recognized 'organization to issue certification for career experiences.’ So students, volunteers, and trainees are given certificates available for diverse purposes, such as museum curators and museum work.
Art and Science TeamCentennial Memorial Building.
- 1F : School facts, Gallery, Exhibition
- 2F : History, Pre-history Exhibit
- 3F : Pottery, Animal and Plant, Folk art
- B1 : director room, Art research room, Media room, Photo room
- Time : Mon~ Fri(10:00 ~ 17:00)
* Entrance is possible until 16:30.
- Closed : National Holiday, Sat, Sun, Summer, Winter Break